Are you struggling with getting more traffic to your website organically? Does SEO feel incredibly confusing and overwhelming to you?
Well, it doesn’t have to!
With the right SEO strategies and website traffic hacks, you can drive more traffic to your site without spending a lot of money on paid ads.
Now, how will you choose the right techniques to implement in your website to get the desired results? This is where we come in! Today, we will walk you through five SEO best practices that are going to boost your Search Engine rankings and increase website traffic in 2023 and beyond.
Let’s have a look at the top SEO techniques for deriving organic traffic to your website:
Five SEO strategies to increase your website’s organic traffic in 2023
1. Make the most of your metadata
Metadata is one of the most valuable parts of your site’s content. This is because firstly, the meta title and meta description are the first two things that users see on the search engine results page. The quality of your meta title and description determines whether the viewer will click on it or not.
Secondly, Google has these tiny robots known as, “crawlers” that crawl a website’s pages before. These crawlers analyze your content’s relevance with the user’s search query, keyword usage, image usage, etc. before giving a rank to it.
These crawlers also analyze the page’s metadata (including heading and image tags) while allocating a rank to the page on the SERPs. Thus, optimizing your metadata by including relevant keywords in it can help you improve your site’s organic rankings and traffic.
2. Get rid of toxic backlinks
Toxic backlinks are links on your website’s pages that aren’t relevant to your website and are untrustworthy. They are created simply for the purpose of increasing links on a website and for manipulating the search engine to increase the website’s ranking. Having a lot of toxic backlinks on your website can affect your SERP rankings and reduce your traffic.
Here are some common features of toxic backlinks:
- They come from sites that aren’t topically relevant to your website’s content
- They are forced into blog comments
- They come from websites that aren’t indexed by Google
- They exist on every page of the website
Click here to learn how Google devices toxic backlinks or link spam.
With that said, here are some simple ways to prevent toxic backlinks from appearing on your website:
- Avoid using paid links
- Avoid implementing “exact-match anchor text links” on your website
- Avoid forced reciprocal link building
In case you want to learn more about SEO strategies, get your website evaluated for best SEO practices, or want some professional assistance, we have you covered!
3. Write high-quality SEO content
Writing SEO-friendly content is essential for increasing your organic traffic. After all, if you do not provide relevant, informative, and beneficial content to your audience, they will not read it or proceed further. It will simply increase your bounce rate. Similarly, Google crawlers also don’t prefer non-SEO-friendly content.
Here are some tips for writing SEO content:
- Use various headlines and subheadings in your content. Make sure to use the right H1, H2, and H3 tags
- Choose relevant and high-quality keywords
- Make sure to use short sentences, simple words, and paragraphs
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Write informative, engaging, and interesting content
- Use relevant images and infographics to enhance your content’s visual appeal
- Optimize all the images by adding relevant keywords and ALT text to them. Google’s crawlers can also analyze your image’s ALT texts. So make sure it is optimized accordingly.
- Use tools like Grammarly, Hemingway Editor, Copyscape, etc. to improve your content’s quality and avoid plagiarism.
4. Don’t ignore the keywords
SEO is an incredibly fast-paced industry. New trends come up every single day and other trends become irrelevant quickly. However, if there is one that will never lose its value and relevance in the SEO world, it is focusing on keywords.
Using high-quality and relevant keywords is necessary for higher Google rankings. While you should never focus only on keywords, avoid keyword stuffing, and always aim to write for your audience’s benefit, using keyword research is essential.
The right keywords not only enhance the quality of your content but also make it easier for Google’s crawlers to rank them. When using keywords, make sure you are implementing both short-tail and long-tail keywords in your content. You can use tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, etc. for conducting keyword research.
5. Optimize your website’s content for voice assistants
People no longer only read your website’s content. They listen to it too. Today, there are more than 4.2 billion digital voice assistants used on different devices across the globe. This is almost half of the total population of the world!
So, if your site isn’t optimized for voice assistants, you will lose a large number of website visitors and prospective customers.
Here are some quick ways to make your content voice-search friendly and increase its organic ranking:
- Target and use long-tail keywords in your content as most people use them while searching for something on Google
- Focus on writing long-form blog posts and articles
- Use normal and conversational language while writing content. Avoid technical jargon and complicated sentences
- Make sure to use the schema markup on your website.
While generating more organic traffic isn’t as easy, it doesn’t have to be an uphill battle. With the right SEO strategies, you can boost your online rankings and attract more people to your website.
So, make sure to implement the above-mentioned SEO best practices to your website, and we are sure you will be able to see some positive results real soon.
And in case you are looking for reliable and experienced SEO services, we can help you out. Get in touch with us today and our team of in-house SEO experts will help you drive more organic traffic to your website.