Many people might know yoga and its powerful benefits to the overall health.
But only a few are aware of its crazy, fun facts not only in connection to the overall well-being but about its entire existence as well.
With all that being said, you may check out this article and proceed to the next few pages to know more about yoga.
Don’t forget to grab your pen and paper and start noting down all the interesting details you might figure out below.
Who knows, you may share it with your friends and family as well, right?
Yoga is a collection of mental, physical, and spiritual disciplines or exercises. In Hindu philosophical beliefs, yoga is one of its six orthodox schools.
In the Western worlds, the term “yoga” generally designates a new form of Hatha yoga, yoga as exercise, consisting mainly of the posture called asanas.
For more deeper and interesting facts about this physical discipline, you may now want to read through the key points below:
- Yoga actually started in India and [proceed to number 2]
- it’s actually about 5,000 years old making it as one of the oldest physical exercises to exist. Tell me this doesn’t sound interesting, huh?
- Yoga was naturally practised as a form of healing. As yoga will guide you to let go of tension and to relax as well. Not just that, yoga also supports in strengthening your weak muscles and stretch the tight ones.
- Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism practices are great inspirations to yoga.
- When practising yoga, make sure that you’re in an open and/or well-ventilated area. This is highly suggested as you get more access to vitamin D, you can just relax more by looking up at the sky, and is also considered as added advances of earthing.
- Yoga effortlessly links the body, mind, and soul.
- Before practising yoga, it’s best advised to drink lukewarm water for a better and more relaxing feeling.
- There might be a hundred ways to improve your digestive system, well, just know that yoga is one of them. It eases your digestive process making it easier for you to let go of the unwanted nutrients out of your body – easier and faster.
- People who are in the midst of anxiety, depression, and/or stress may seek yoga for help. As it’s mentioned earlier, yoga helps in releasing the tension and promotes relaxation as well. With that, there’s a greater chance to soothe the anxiety, depression, and stress much easier.
- Yoga opens doors for a more positive prospect in life. That’s why if you are close to giving up due to stress or depression, give yoga a try and find out how it can help you look at the brighter side of life.
- Mood swings can be resolved by yoga as it’s effective in enhancing your mood. If you feel like you’re getting moodier these past few days, then you better take some time to attend to any yoga classes near your place to ease both your mind and body. And you’ll see, you’ve got better moods and feel so much happier than ever.
- Yoga aids brain health and memory as it clears and relaxes your mind. It helps you release the negative thoughts making more room in your memory.
- Yoga improves metabolism that typically leads to natural weight loss
- Having a hard time finding a sound sleep? You can try yoga which provides a better and healthy rest.
- Yoga delivers a better and more pleasing posture. If you don’t mind knowing, yoga also strengthens and corrects your bones, not only your muscles.
- Yoga helps in lowering blood pressure and pulse rate
- Yoga supports the end of addictions and any other bad habits. So, if you’re finding it hard to quit smoking or alcohol dependency, seek yoga for some assistance.
- Yoga boosts concentration and motivation.
- If you’re a male yoga practitioner, you’re a “yogi”. If you’re a female yoga practitioner, you’re a “yogini”
- Want to look and feel younger all the time? Try yoga as it helps fight the signs of ageing. Also, having a more positive outlook in life releases stress that commonly results in early signs of ageing.
Kath Ramirez embraced the dream of being a writer since she was in 4th grade. She took it seriously and she now writes for Fitbiz Gym Equipment, a health and fitness equipment provider based in Australia. Aside from writing, Kath also keeps herself busy spending time with her family, cherishing the role of a mom to her furbabies, reading random books, and diving into the world of photography. She’s not even a pro to whatever she’s engaged into right now, but one thing she knows, she’s happy and that’s more than enough.