Jewellery has always been an essential part of many human cultures around the world, especially for women. Regardless of whether you have a unique collection of necklaces, rings, bracelets or earrings, wearing jewellery is a staple way of upgrading someone’s fashion, and could complement any existing outfits.
Keeping your jewellery safe from any outside threats – be it from burglary or complete degradation is highly vital as many people consider this item as one of the most valuable personal possessions. And perhaps the simplest method of protecting your prized jewellery is by storing it the right way.
Unbeknownst to many, anadequately stored jewellery can bring several benefits both on the item itself and to the owner. Gold and silver jewellery require regular maintenance and proper care. And with appropriate storage to keep them well encased, you can guarantee that they will retain their beauty similar to the moment you first got them.
Here are some of the tips that you can do to properly store your jewellery:
- Clean your jewellery before storing–The sweat from your body can ruin the color of your jewellery making it look older than usual. Never leave any stains other unwanted dirt linger on your jewellery for too long, especially if you’re going to store it for extensive periods of time.
- Use airtight boxes or zip locks – You must also consider you’re the condition of your storage boxes or zip locks as well. Carelessly jamming up all of your jewellery collection into a single box is not a good idea. Make sure that the box is airtight so that the items inside won’t scratch each other.
- Use anti-tarnish paper – An anti-tarnish paper is a type of special absorbent paper that provides protection for metallic jewellery and other similar items from tarnish as well as discoloration. Try wrapping up each of your jewellery pieces with anti-tarnish papers for best result.
- Keep away from extreme exposure to heat and light–Some jewellery materials and gemstones are incredibly susceptible to heat and sunlight. Avoid placing them in a place that is exposed to these elements.
- Always put on your jewellery last when dressing up – The ingredients that are found in the cosmetic products that you still use could be harmful to several of your jewellery items, so make sure that you already have a makeup before wearing any necklaces or earrings.
To learn a little bit more about these jewellery storing tips, head over to the infographic below brought to you by AdevaJewellery: