Memory foam mattresses always seem to be a great choice when opting for a mattress, which will allow you to sleep like an angel. Then again, there are some aspects to it which render these a bad investment. It is necessary to go through the advantages and drawbacks and decide wisely.
To get the sleep you have been rushing work all day for, it is advised to get a memory foam mattress. Well, although memory foam mattresses are ultra-comfortable, that is not all there is to them. There are various aspects of a memory foam mattress which render it a wise decision, however, sometimes, not. Here, we are going to take you through some pros and cons of memory foam mattresses and how you can decide whether to buy them or not.
Here is why you buying a memory foam mattress can turn out to be a great investment:
1. When you lie on the surface of the memory foam, body heat softens the mattress enabling your limbs and back to stay at rest. Giving your curves the perfect alignment, it relieves all your pressure points. The higher the density of the foam, more profound is the effect.
2. The weight of the body is naturally aligned on a memory foam mattress pad , relieving your spine and joints of all the tension. Make sure that your mattress is supported by normal foam at the bottom so that you don’t end up sinking into the bed.
3. When you share the bed with a partner or a pet, you are more likely to get disturbed in sleep due to motion transfer. But, These mattresses do not conduct motion due to pressure absorption, letting you sleep comfortably.
4. They last longer than innerspring mattresses. These mattresses are quite an investment and you expect them to last longer. Well, the good news is, they are more durable.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, there is a plethora of brands and varieties available in memory foam to select from.
Although there are many advantages of opting for memory foam mattresses, one shouldn’t ignore the potential drawbacks of it.
Here is why you should think twice before opting for a memory foam mattress:
1. A sound sleep can seldom be achieved when you mattress retains heat. Memory foam mattresses which have latex or polyester surface tend to absorb heat and this heat makes the mattress warm and uncomfortable to sleep on during summers.
2. A strong odour of polyurethane foams and adhesives used in the manufacturing of these mattresses can be troublesome for users who are sensitive towards the smell. It can give severe headaches and other issues.
3. Longevity of the lower quality foams is always in question. While people might advise you to opt for mattresses with a lower density which fall in the cheaper price range, you should be careful about the durability.
4. The denser the memory foam is, the heavier it tends to be. It becomes very difficult to move around these mattresses. They are difficult to get on and off too because they are cumbersome.
There you have it! The above pointers will help you decide whether you should opt for a memory foam.